Skills and Training
The Club offers training for groups of members on a regular basis:
- Essential Skills Day (for prospective members) covers basic bushwalking protocols, basic navigation and the history of the Club.
- Trip Coordinator training
- Navigation training
- use of GPS devices
- use of smart phone apps such as Memory Map, Gaia
- 'Real Navigation' out in the field
- First Aid
- Training Trips for new members interested in overnight activities
The Club produces two handy publications:
- Safety in the Bush - a small book of practical information for planning a bushwalking adventure.
- Bushwalking – Emergency management - a booklet designed to be carried while bushwalking, with information on how to deal with illness, accident or emergency.
New Club members receive a copy of each publication. Safety in the Bush is also available in some retail outlets.
The Skills and Training Subcommittee offers mentoring for all training activities and welcomes new ideas for training.